Friday, April 20, 2007

Debbie's Character

This note was written by Jill Wells, Debbie's daughter-in-law. She wanted to share it with those who know and love Debbie.

I was remembering today the joy Jerry experienced when Josh was able to give a testimony on his behalf for the congregation of Western Hills Baptist Church recommending that they receive him as their pastor. I wrote the below note to a friend yesterday and I feel the Lord prompting me to share this with you all, that I may be a testimony on Debbie’s behalf. Knowing I may not always have the courage to express my true feelings verbally and openly, I do however long to praise her publicly. May God bless you

Responding to the question how are you? …It is strange because I will think about Debbie’s physical pain and I’m sad. Then as I continue to think about her I can’t help but be joyful. She is such an encouraging, smiling, caring, loving, energetic and joyful person that when I think of a memory or moment we’ve shared I’m comforted again. I can’t wrap my mind around how well she loves me, loves us all really. With her encouragement I have accomplished more than I had in years spiritually, physically, emotionally, as a wife, as a mother…. And it was truly an unconditional free gift. Debbie is this amazing reflection of knowing the Lord. Debbie reminds me of Jeremiah 17:7 'Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will ceases from yielding fruit.' It is obvious that she has deep roots in the Lord. She stays by the river and her thirst is ever quenched by His through His power; green and ever fruitful.My biggest fear is the possibility that I will be walking for many years to come without her example and advice. And I wonder: how will I become like her if she is not around to show me? But I know that she is only a mirror of my Savior and that he will continue to polish me up and use me too. So I am absolutely grateful to have known and to know her now because she is still showing me His joy and allowing Jesus to shine in the darkness.

Jill

No comments: