Monday, February 18, 2008

Debbie's Birthday, February 12, From Teresa Burgess

It's funny how it's the little things - the little reminders about a person - that come to mean the most when he/she is gone.

What stands out to me today in thinking of Debbie is her laugh. Genuine, expressive, bright eyes and a grin truly as big as Texas! Then it hit me! I rarely remember Debbie's tears. There were those few occasions, but it's the laughter that characterized her life. People loved that about Debbie because they knew that they could joke and tease and have fun with Debbie and she would just laugh right along with them! Her laugh engaged people and made them feel comfortable in her presence.

I had a major meltdown this morning and felt a little depressed. Then, as memories of Debbie laughing through the years invaded my thinking , it was like I was not just remembering but really experiencing all over again the joy of her laughter. This happened to me after Dad died, this ability to experience again the impact of his life in new ways and at deeper levels!

Then the Lord whispered, "I'm laughing with Debbie today...in person, in fullness, in glory!" Can you imagine what Debbie's laugh sounds like mingled with Jesus' laugh?

Ahh, Debbie! We miss you, but I would never want you to leave the most holy place. Not ever! We shall join you, soon, and it will be as if we were never separated!

Lord, we long for the day of Your return! Lord, thank You for laughing with Debbie today! I can hear the echoes in the ears of my heart! Truly, it's her best birthday ever! Hallelujah!

Love,
Teresa

No comments: