Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sixtythree Days After Surgery

Today marks nine weeks since Debbie's surgery. One of Debbie's greatest losses has been her ability to be the keeper of her home. On Monday evening Debbie was able to prepare a meal for our family for the first time since October, with William's assistance. This brought her great joy and brought all of us a satisfied appetite. We rejoiced together for this blessing from the Lord and gave Him thanks.

CA-125, cancer antigen-125, is a protein that is found at levels in most ovarian cancer cells that are elevated compared to normal cells. CA-125 is produced on the surface of cells and is released in the blood stream. It is one way to measure the activity of the cancer cells and how a patient is responding to the treatment. Debbie has a blood test for her CA 125 level every two weeks. It has been well over 200 in every test since she was diagnosed last October. Two weeks ago her count was over 200. As of Monday, it was in the mid 50s. 35 is considered normal. Yesterday, when our doctor's assistant gave Debbie the report from Monday's test they exchanged high fives. We praised the Lord together for this good report. We greatly appreciate your prayers.

At 4:00pm yesterday, as I prepared to leave the church to pick up Debbie after her chemotherapy treatment, my car was missing from the church parking lot. There was a pile of glass where my car had been sitting. The car had been stolen. The body of Christ quickly went into action to meet our immediate needs. One of our associate Pastors went to pick Debbie up at the hospital while I waiting on the Police. Another one of our associate Pastors had his family bring me a car that they wanted to loan us.

The policeman arrived and asked me if there was any chance that the car had been repossessed. This made me look at the way I was dressed to see what would give him that impression. He then mentioned the glass and that most collectors would not go to that kind of trouble. I assured him that the car was paid for and he took down all of the information.

At about 6:30am this morning in my devotions, I was reflecting on "He is Redeemer!" As I was singing, "There is a Redeemer," the phone rang. The police had found the car in a ditch on the Southeast side of Oklahoma City. It was not drivable but it was found. It is damaged but He is Redeemer!

Are you lost this Christmas season? Has Satan stolen you from God and as a result, you have been greatly damaged and your life is in a ditch! There is a Redeemer! He will redeem you if you will trust Him.
Ps 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.KJV

Thanks again to all of you that are praying for us!

No comments: