Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Fourtyseventh Day After Surgery

Yesterday I awoke to Debbie's voice singing praises to God. This prepared her for a rather traumatic day. She has been losing her hair so she decided to have her head shaved and yesterday was the day.

Only William and I looked on as her head was shaved. There was not one other person in the shop. The lady that shaved her head was so compassionate. There were tears and hugs.

Within a few hours Debbie had new hair. The Lord through our family provided just the right look.

Debbie had more energy yesterday then she has had in weeks. She did not stop until late in the evening and then she rested well. Today, she is having her second treatment.

Many are praying and we are so grateful.

Debbie amazes me. It has never been unusual for me to be awakened by her singing praises to God. Her relationship to the Lord has always inspired me. But what amazes me even more is that she keeps singing in spite of her circumstances.

I am so blessed to be married to such a one. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: